Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mesa Temple Pageant Woes

Over the last nine years during the week before Easter, I have stood with the Alpha and Omega Ministry guys on the sidewalks around the Mormon Temple here in Mesa sharing the Gospel with our Mormon friends and neighbors. This year, however, I have consciously decided to refrain from heading out to Main Street and Hobson due to my recently acquired relationships with some LDS friends.

Every year was slightly different. Over the nine years I attended, I remember many different moments: the Roman Soldier "Brute Squad;" the black tar put on the grate; the Samoan mammoths who physically surrounded me; the man who threw 4 large Arby's sodas on us; the teenagers who I was able to share with on youth night; Dizzy ("Yo tengo gozo!"); and the thousands and thousands of lost souls who will no longer even have the opportunity to hear the gospel presented to them by the caring hearts of true Christians at the pageant.

According to a post that James White put up on his blog this evening, last night was the last time Alpha and Omega Ministries will attend the Mormon Temple Easter Pageant in Mesa, Arizona. For James' reasoning on this, please visit Alpha and Omega's website HERE.

Thanks for your 23.5 year ministry to the Mesa Mormons, James, Rich, and the rest of the crew at A&O!

One final note:
James White remarks that he had witnessed at the Mesa Easter Pageant since his first time in 1983. I like to remind James that I was born in 1983. I think it really makes him feel good and young!

1 comment:

rustypth said...

I'm with ya brother. I am massively disappointed. But our Lord may yet open the door for us to go out there again in the future. Thanks for the post =)

"...Let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth."